2/7th Australian General Hospital
From Our Contribution
|Name||2nd/7th Australian General Hospital|
|Date formed||1 Jul 1940|
|Locations||Kufr Balu in Palestine, Syria, Buseilli in Egypt and Lae in New Guinea.|
Total operational service was 2,000 days from 1 Jul 1940 until 24 Dec 1945. 1,600 days service overseas. Provided care for troops from the 6th, 7th, and 9th Divisions, treating 24,799 patients in the Middle East at Kafr Balu Palestine, and another 29,823 in Lae New Guinea.
At Buseilli, Egypt it acted as a Casualty Clearing Station for those injured in the Battle for El Alamein, Lae New Guinea.
- Percival Norman (Percy) Buckingham 15 Oct - 29 Dec 1945
- Charles William Divall 10 Dec 1940 - 2 Jan 1941
- Raymond Eric Gerard Bennett 30 Jul - 13 Aug 1941
- Victor Charles Lowe 1 - 5 Aug 1941
- Douglas Edward Cleave Steer 31 Oct 1941
- Ronald Gwynne 9 - 27 Jan 1942