1st Engineer Stores Base Depot

From Our Contribution


Brief History

Formed in Brisbane in late 1939 as the 3rd Workshop & Park Company, by December 1941 it was at Peel street, Brisbane with detachments in Townsville and Wallangarra. In August 1942 the unit moved to Frasers paddock at Enoggera. In 1943 they were located at Rocklea where they were to stay until the end of the war. As part of a reorganisation of units in June 1944 their name was changed to 1st Base Stores Company RAE, and then after a further reorganisation on February 1945 they became 1st Engineer Stores Base Depot with platoons at Edmonton, Cluden, Albion and Dinmore.

Unit Personnel


Content has come from The Unit Guide - Volume 3 - The Australian Army 1939-1945, page 3.508 - Graham R McKenzie-Smith - Big Sky Publishing - 2018

External Links