5th Australian Auxiliary Hospital
|Name||5th Australian Auxiliary Hospital|
|Where formed||Digswell House, Welwyn, Hertfordshire, England|
|Date formed||16 Jun 1915|
The house was owned by the Aclands who gave over its use during the first World War to serve as the Number 5 Australian Auxiliary Hospital and nursing home for wounded Australian Officers, although Belgian and British Officers also stayed there.
The grounds of Digswell house provided a centre for sports for those soldiers who could compete.
It was staffed by the Red Cross from local families
- Frederick Edwin Murphy 2 Oct - 4 Nov 1917