Casimir Jack Bavich
From Our Contribution
|Date of Birth||5 Mar 1921|
|Place of Birth||Solta, Yugoslavia|
|Death||5 May 1962|
|Place of Death||Armadale, Western Australia|
|Age at Enlistment||20 year, 6 months|
|Address||Armadale, Western Australia|
|Next of Kin||, Mr Robert Bavich|
|Date of Enlistment||8 Sep 1942|
|Unit/Formation||2/8th Australian Field Ambulance|
|Post War Details|
Discharged 26 Jun 1946
Electoral Roll entries: 1949 - 1958 Railway avenue, Armadale, labourer.
UTILITY OVERTURNS - FOUR MEN HURT
Four men were injured when a utility skidded and over-turned in loose gravel on Albany-rd, about 5½ miles east of the Narrogin Inn, early yesterday. Taken to hospita! were :
Saunders and Gregory were allowed to leave Royal Perth Hospital after treatment, but the MacLeans were detained. Utility was being driven towards Perth by Saunders when it failed to take an S-bend. Although the vehicle was extensively damaged, 3 of its passengers escaped injury. They were Casimir Bavish, Railwav-Ave, Armadale, Morris Jerard O'Brien, Prospect rd, Armadale, and Norman James, Prospect-rd, Armadale.
- William Alfred Saunders (29), Canns-rd., Armadale, shoulder injury;
- Alfred Gregory (33), 5th Road, Armadale, concussion and fractured ribs;
- Angus George MacLean (23) and
- Ian Stuart MacLean (22), Devonshire-Tce., Armadale, concussion and lacerations.
- Trove Sunday Times Sun 8 Dec 1946 page 14