125th Australian General Transport Company
From Our Contribution
Detachment in North West Australia Oct 1943.
Originally mobilised as the 122nd Reserve Motor Transport Company in December 1941 at Karrakatta. Subsequently raised to full strength in April 1942 and renamed in July 1942. The unit had four platoons, and it moved to Salter's Point in November 1942 with its main task the carriage of petroleum products.
In May 1943 a platoon was moved to Exmouth to service the airfield there. In August 1942 the remainder of the Company moved to Broome to service the airfield at Noonkanbah. In July 1944, they left a platoon at Broome, moving the other two platoons to Bellevue to service units in the Perth metro area. The Broome platoon was relocated in August 1944 to Derby, but returned to Perth in December 1944 where the unit concentrated at Melville, before moving to Wallgrove in NSW in Feb 1945. The unit was disbanded in June 1945.
Content for the history and honours sections has come from a combination of Wikipedia, The Unit Guide - The Australian Army 1939-45, and the Australian War Memorial website.