|Builder/Built||1899 Caird & Company, Greenock|
|Type||Passenger Liner (twin Screw)|
Owned by the Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Company.
Used as a Boer War transport soon after launching, also served during the Boxer Rising in China, before becoming a peacetime Indian troopship. Some commercial use in 1908 - 14 before being hired by the Admiralty first as a troops hip and then as a Hospital Ship.
Carried 8 Medical Officers, 10 Nurses and 45 other medical staff to look after up to 8 Officer casualties, 100 in cots, and 333 in berths. Served until 2 Mar 1920.