From Our Contribution
|Builder/Built||1897 Harland & Wolff, Belfast|
|Type||Passenger / cargo ship|
Built to service African ports from the UK, in Nov 1914 she was commissioned as a Hospital Ship able to serve 434 patients.
She carried 8 Medical Officers, 10 Nurses and 85 other medical staff, and worked in this role until 15 Feb 1920.
Returned to Union Castle Line in 1920 she was refurbished and put back to work. In 1928 she was laid up before being sold for scrapping.