From Our Contribution
|Builder/Built||1898 Harland & Wolff, Belfast|
Originally named the Statendam by the Holland America Line and used for the Rotterdam - New York route. She was renamed Scotian when acquired by the Allen Line in 1911.
In 1914 used as a troop ship, in 1915 as an accommodation ship for German POWs at Ryde Isle of Wright. During 1916 she made several voyages transferring Australian troops from Egypt to France.
Returned to her owners after the war, in 1922 she was renamed Marglen before being scrapped at Genoa in 1927.