Kelmscott Congregational Church Honour Board

From Our Contribution
Jump to: navigation, search
Kelmscott Congregational Church Honour Board
Kelmscott Congregational Church.jpg
17 Rundle Street, Kelmscott
Kelmscott Congregational Church Honour Shield 1.jpg
Shield Hanging in foyer of church
Monument Details
Name Kelmscott Congregational Church Honour Board
Location Kelmscott Congregational Church, Rundle Street, Kelmscott [1]
Dedication Date 25th April, 1920 (ANZAC Day)


History

The details of the Church's Honour Board are presently unclear, however it is reported that it was obtained in 1919, and the completed cost was £1.10.0. Unveiled fittingly on ANZAC Day 1920, the Board was hung in the main hall of the church. In the 1970s, Congregation member Vernon Pascoe took the Honour Board for restoration to Leederville Technical College. The gold lettering was touched-up and the board polished. Mr Pascoe then hung the Board in the foyer of the church where it remains to this day.[1]

Setting

The Honour Board is mounted in the foyer of the Kelmscott Congregational Church, which is located on the corner of Rundle Street and River Road (17 Rundle St) Kelmscott.

Description

A small jarrah shield containing the names of 11 men of the local congregation who enlisted for service overseas during World War 1. Four men are annotated as being killed. The records of several of the men make no reference to Kelmscott, but may have been residents at a time before their enlistment.

Monument Details

Title

1914 The Great War 1919
Roll of Honour

Names

References

External Links