From Our Contribution


Brief History

The pre war AHQ AASC School moved in 1940 to Geelong where in June 1942 it became the LHQ AASC School. It comprised a War Admin Wing, a Supply Wing, Workshop Wing, D and Maintenance Wing and a Catering Wing. Primarily they trained instructors and provided advanced training for Officers and Senior NCOs. However they also had a role in regulating training policies and methods of other Army and Corps schools. In June 1945 they moved to Studley Park in New South Wales and operated from there until after the war concluded.



Content has come from The Unit Guide - Volume 5 - The Australian Army 1939-1945, page 5.305 - Graham R McKenzie-Smith - Big Sky Publishing - 2018

External Links