Head Quarters of the Overseas Training Brigade
Longbridge Deverill village Photo State Library Vic
Longbridge Deverill is a village and civil parish about 2.5 miles (4.0 km) south of Warminster in Wiltshire, England.
From mid-1917, those ill or injured that were deemed fit enough to resume active service were then sent from the Command Depots to the Overseas Training Brigade to harden them up for life back in the trenches. The Overseas Training Brigade for the AIF was formed in Perham Down in June 1917 and then moved to Longbridge Deverill near Sutton Veny in October 1917. The camp was also known as Sand Hill camp.
Soldiers who passed this way
- Alfred Gittins 20 Oct 1917 - 29 Jan 1918 - Overseas Training Brigade
- William James Allen ? Dec 1917 - 12 Mar 1918
- Richard Evans MM 1 - 9 Jan 1918 - Overseas Training Brigade
- Leslie James Godfrey 26 Jan - 12 Mar 1918 - Overseas Training Brigade
- Robert Frank Bickford 16 Mar - 16 Apr 1918
- Frederick Fancote 28 Mar - 4 Jun 1918 = Overseas Training Brigade
- Claude Francis Cooper 11 Jul - 7 Aug -Overseas Training Brigade
- Charles Fielder 30 Aug - 3 Oct 1918 - Overseas Training Brigade