From Our Contribution
|Builder/Built||1926 William Cramp & Sons Ship & Engine Building Co.|
Built for the Boston - Yarmouth, Nova Scotia route, she was operated by the Eastern Steamships Line until World War II. She was acquired on 1 Jun 1942 by the US government and operated in the Pacific theatre until Feb 1946, when she returned to her original owners. refitted she returned to passenger service in May of 1947, but was laid up between 1948 and 1953.
Sold in 1954 to a company based in Liberia who in 1963 sold her to the Chadade Shipping Coy who renamed her Yarmouth Castle, and operated her between Miami and Nassau. The Yarmouth Castle caught fire and sank on 12 Nov 1965.