3rd Australian Base Ordnance Depot
From Our Contribution
Established in August 1942 as the No 3 Sub Depot, 1 Base Ordnance Depot, when it became a separate accounting unit managing armaments and technical stores. Formed with personnel from various Ordnance Store Companies, its headquarters were in Albury NSW. Reorganised again in 1943 it was renamed 3rd Base Ordnance Depot, responsible for controlling all armaments and technical stores in advanced depots. A section was detached to Seymour in Victoria, and in February 1945 its headquarters moved to Bandiana.
Content for the history and honours sections has come from a combination of Wikipedia, The Unit Guide - The Australian Army 1939-45, and the Australian War Memorial website.
Pages in category "3rd Australian Base Ordnance Depot"
This category contains only the following page.