From Our Contribution
HMAS Medea was an auxiliary minesweeper of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) from 1942 until 1946. Built in 1912 for the Ocean Steam Ship Co. as a passenger/cargo ship, she was sold to the Straits Steam Ship Co. in 1925. She was requisitioned by the Royal Navy in 1939 and converted into an auxiliary minesweeper and named HMS Circe.
She was transferred to the Royal Australian Navy on 6 July 1942 and renamed HMAS Medea until she was returned to her owners in 1946. She was sold for breaking up and her hull was scuttled off Sydney on 20 January 1948.
- George Douglas Follett 19 Jul 1942 ‒ 30 Jun 1943