From Our Contribution
|Builder/Built||1905 Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Co, Ltd, Govan|
Dieppe was a steam passenger ferry that was built in 1905 for the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway.
She was requisitioned during the First World War for use as a troopship and later as a hospital ship HMS Dieppe, returning to her owners postwar.
She passed to the Southern Railway on 1 January 1923. In 1933 she was sold to W E Guinness and converted to a private diesel yacht, Rosaura.
She was requisitioned in the Second World War for use as an armed boarding vessel, HMS Rosaura. She struck a mine and sank off Tobruk, Libya on 18 March 1941.