|Builder/Built||1906 Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson|
|Type||Passenger and cargo|
Owned by the Khedivial Mail Steamship & Graving Dock Co, Ltd. This company was founded in 1898 to keep ships and ports in service with the Egyptian government. However, the ships sailed under the British flag and ran between Alexandria, Constantinople, Syria and other Mediterranean ports.
It served from 12 May 1916 as a troopship and supply ship for the Royal Navy in the First World War. On 23 Jun 1917 the ship avoided two torpedoes when it was attacked by a German submarine. Not so lucky on December 31, 1917, when the Osmanieh struck a mine laid by the Imperial German Naval U-boat SM UC-34 and sank at Alexandria, Egypt in five to seven minutes with the loss of 209 lives, including eight nurses.
28th Battalion from Gallipoli to Mudros 13 Dec 1915