SS Esperance Bay
From Our Contribution
Built for the Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers, Fremantle, in 1928 she was transferred to the White Star Line Ltd,, in 1933 she was bought by the Aberdeen & Commonwealth Line, and then in 1936 the Shaw Savill ^ Albion Line bought her and renamed her SS ARAWA. In August 1939 she was requisitioned by the Admiralty for service as an Armed merchant Cruiser, but seems to have used the name Esperance Bay during her military service.
Usual employment was as a cargo/passenger ship between the UK and Australia via the Suez Canal. On 21 May 1955 shew as broken up in Newport