From Our Contribution
courtesy South Australian Maritime Museum
|Builder/Built||1935 Vickers-Armstrong Ltd, Barrow-in-Furness|
Built for Peninsula & Oriental Steam Navigation Co, London. Used on the Australia - London express service. From 1939 - 45 she served as a troopship. Reconditioned in 1949 she returned to her earlier service via Bombay. Originally a two class ship, in 1961 she was converted to a single class ship for direct service London - Australian ports. Sold in 1963 and used on Karachi - Mecca pilgrimage service. Broken up for scrap in Itlay during 1967.