|Builder/Built||1913 John Brown & Co, Clydebank|
|Type||Ocean Liner (four screws)|
Owned by the Cunard Line and used on the Southampton-New York (1914) (1920–1939) (1945–1948); Southampton-Halifax (1948–1950) routes during peace time. In civilian use carried 618 first class passengers, 614 second class, 2,004 third class. These numbers were later reduced as standards changed.
During both world wars it served as a troopship.